Beads, beads, beads, beads, more beads.... and a few observations about life and other things, too

You can find my beads here Bead Up A Storm

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Oh My Goddess

My good friend Jane Pearl has quite a collection of my beads and she actually makes wonderful pieces with them! (Rather than stashing them away and occasionally getting them out to drool on, like my Mum!).

It's always a thrill for me to see what she has made and this necklace really blew my socks off!

When asked to use a Swarovski rivoli (Jane refused to use all seven given, she's not a fan of bling) in a bead club challenge, she pulled out these early beads of mine that she hadn't found inspiration for, and made up this beauty. I think it's an amazingly inventive use of a Goddess bead.

I had this for a few days to photograph, but the weather was gloomy and my light tent is miniscule, (I just had beads on the brain when I bought it). So I can only apologise to Jane (and to you) for the poor quality of the photograph, as it really doesn't do justice to her wonderful work.

Freshwater pearls, lampwork beads, Swarovski rivoli, seed beads, amethyst and amber.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful necklace your friend made. I love how she turned the rivoli into the head, and your goddess bead is gorgeous. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete